NextSpace is a people-centric coworking community located at 2081 Center Street in the heart of downtown Berkeley. Our mission is to make work more productive, fun, connected and healthy. By providing an environment that enhances the business acumen, creativity, health, enjoyment, and social consciousness of our members, NextSpace helps unlock the full potential of each individual so that they can contribute to the culture of tomorrow. Recently acquired by a local Bay Area workplace company, Pacific Workplaces, NextSpace is continuing a tradition of propelling entrepreneurship in Berkeley.
About the position:
We are currently hiring a Community Coordinator (CC) to perform the day to day administrative operations of our space and our community.
You’re this person if you enjoy wearing many hats. You’re a details ninja. You take great pleasure in supporting a busy office and always meet your project deadlines with ease and excellence. You’re a tech-savvy social media junky who knows the difference between a router and a switch. You multitask like a smartphone and stay on target like a cruise missile. You’re completely at home when buried in a spreadsheet and can switch focus and give excellent customer service on a moment’s notice, without missing a single data point. You. Love. People.
The CC reports directly to the Community Manager (CM). This job is 60% administrative and 40% community development. As part of the NextSpace leadership team, everything you do will be in the interest of creating and sustaining an authentic and thriving community and business. Everything.
About the job:
Your days will be filled with:
- Putting on your superhero cape, diving into each day with a smile on your face, switching gears on a moment’s notice and making each member feel like a rock-star
- Working in concert with the Community Manager to sustain a vibrant and thriving community of entrepreneurs, freelancers, startups and generally amazing people
- Managing the 1000 little administrative details that go into running a membership-based office
- Data entry and data management, including managing duplicate data across multiple platforms
- Maintaining the facilities to the highest standards, allowing our members to feel pride in bringing their clients and investors into their office
- Technical problem solving when needed, including the ability to troubleshoot minor issues with the printer, appliances and wireless networks
- Maintaining a consistently high hospitality experience for all members and guests of NextSpace
- Working with the CM to create relationships with external partners in the business community and connect our members when appropriate
- Making coffee, lots and lots of coffee
- Interfacing with our various vendors and partners with a professional and friendly, yet firm manner
- Processing mail and packages discreetly
- You’ll be cleaning too. Cleaning out conference rooms, wiping up spills in the kitchen, picking up stray mugs and generally keeping the space neat and tidy for the members (don’t worry, we have a maintenance team on staff and we assign the deep and dirty work to them)
Check yourself, here’s the qualifications you need to bring to the table:
- You. Love. People. (rinse, repeat)
- You’re punctual, professional, thorough, and entrepreneurial; you’re a quick learning self-starter that works well in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- You’re the host with the most, anticipating our member’s needs and delighting in exceeding their expectations
- You are highly organized and efficient with excellent time management skills and are able to prioritize tasks effectively when everything is happening at once
- You don’t just show up to work at the office, you own the office, taking pride in managing every little operational detail of your filing system, calendar, and inbox
- You’re collaborative and engaging and like to work as a team, you’re also independent and get the job done. No matter what
- You’re a whiz with data, geek out on spreadsheets and get excited about improving processes and being efficient
- You’ve got at least two years of back office administrative management
- You can write a professional email, conduct research on the internet, use Facebook pages and groups, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and you’re excited to learn the remainder of our systems
- Most of our members are Mac users, so you are too, but some have PC’s so if you can troubleshoot on a Windows device that’s a plus
- You’ve worked in hospitality and have a demonstrated record of excellent customer service
- You’re always on point, nothing gets past you, yet you’re discreet and can keep our member’s confidence if they’re in stealth mode
- You possess a superhuman ability to judge character so you’ll be able to recruit great, community-minded members and will be tactful and diplomatic with every person who inquires about the space
- You have a high emotional IQ and can communicate well both verbally and in writing
- You’re adaptable and innovative, you own your mistakes and move on
- You’re a leader and you work well with introverts and extroverts alike
- You’re a hard worker, humble and prefer to share triumphs rather than bask in the limelight
This is a part-time, hourly job (20-25 hours per week) job with some flexibility in scheduling, as determined by the schedule of the space and the Community Manager. This position is eligible for sick time accrual, as per California state law, and the company 401K program, after reaching the eligibility threshold.
If you think you’re who we are looking for, apply here, attaching a cover letter telling us 3 things that make you an operational wizard, along with your resume. The submission deadline is Friday, April 12. NextSpace powered by Pacific Workplaces is an equal opportunity employer.