I am self-motivated, methodical, organised and reliable, with a flexible and can-do approach to any project or work I undertake. I am innovative and resourceful; with a proven track record of exceeding expectations in the workplace. I have worked strategically within administration, marketing, case management, research, customer service and advocacy roles. I am a good listener and am adaptable, with excellent verbal communication and organisational skills. I thrive on a challenge and always take a proactive approach to my work.
Interpersonal and negotiation:
• Successfully managed three Co Hub Workspaces, responsible for 120 members. By engaging with local community for both members and community investment projects, I created a dynamic and innovative culture.
• My roles in health and social care involved conducting needs assessments with clients; dealing with sensitive and often distressing issues.
• I built rapport with professionals working within HIV clinics many of whom were originally resistant to our service. I succeeded in influencing change, and was able to build and maintain a productive working relationship with them.
• I have successfully managed and led a productive, motivated team.
• I am extremely organised and will take time to understand the needs of the customer, to ensure all the appropriate facilities are in place to meet their requirements.
• Regular compilation and submission of management reports, within deadlines.
• Case managing a caseload of clients, researching, sourcing and coordination of appropriate services, to ensure client goals are met.
• Naturally proactive and forward thinking.
• Awarded THT Volunteer of the Year and nominated for CARE award at St Thomas Hospital for ‘excellent attitude and commitment to his job’ and ‘exceptionally hard worker with an incredibly nice manner and is never too busy to help, despite the heavy nature of his work’.
• Received extension of contract at NHS in recognition of my enthusiasm and dedication to the role along with my proactive working manner.
• Increased service delivery by 80% having implemented new ways to reach out to our clients in need, and having brought my team on board with my proposals.
• Worked as both part of a Management team and a leader of a team ensuring priorities for both teams were considered and met.
• Have a proven ability to work independently or integrated as part of a team.
Wimbletech CIC Volunteer May-Dec 2016. Employee Jan 2017 to present
• Operations – coordinate with various Council colleagues, ensuring that we are fulfilling customer requirements.
• Reporting to and working with the Operations Director to identify ways to maximise income and meet KPIs, through business networking and innovation.
• Customer Service – Handling all daily enquiries and identifying the needs of members, advising them on the benefits of Wimbletech CIC services. Networking with local communities to create a two-way referral process, in order to meet Company objectives. Track and manage new members from enquiry to welcome day induction.
• Marketing and systems development – market research in the community and creation of an online database, targeting key areas of community.
• Ensuring all work carried out adheres to Health and Safety standards.
• Researching events and identify social media marketing opportunities.
• Event Management for conference room, sourcing to ensure cost effectiveness free to use community support events and gain additional income from other hires.
• Trained, motivated and coached interns and volunteers.
• Organised and hosted monthly member social and networking events.
• Research and disseminate information on support and seminars available externally.
• Produce weekly site reports including performance against KPI’s
Hale Benefits Advisory Ltd. Self Employed Director – November 2015 to May 2016
• Conducted a considerable amount of market research to identify the gap in the market for my business.
• Enrolled myself on various training courses to ensure that my business had the best chance of succeeding – utilising my attendance at these events to network with like-minded business people.
• Having completed the lengthy necessary legal and procedural processes, I offered a full swathe of welfare benefits consultancy and advisory services to the Personal Injury Insurance and Rehabilitation Market.
NHS South London and Maudsley, London SE1 / The Metro Centre, Vauxhall HIV Access and Information Worker- April 2008 to November 2015
• Conducting Initial Needs Assessment and counselling with “high risk” clients who are often in distress and present sensitive issues.
• Identify needs and set goals, in relation to health, independence, welfare, safety and wellbeing.
• Continuingly promote the service by outreaching to Hospital Clinicians and Nurses resulting in being counted as ‘part of the department team’ instead of an ‘external worker’.
• Research and networking with other agencies, to assess quality of services in relation to client requirements and promotion of the First Point service.
• Case Managing clients, including young adults, from assessment through to meeting goals; completing referrals, managing and coordinating appropriate services, as well as tracking client progress through regular liaison.
• Provide my, continually updated, knowledge of Welfare Law to clients and identify where statuary bodies have not adhered to welfare law.
Terrence Higgins Trust London WC1X Clinical & Wellbeing Services Assessment & Referral Officer – October 2002 to March 2008
Education and training
• Microsoft Office;
• 5 GCSE A-C passes;
• Welfare benefit courses; and
• Equality and Diversity Matters
British Citizen with UK passport.
References available upon request.