About the Organization: The All Good Work Foundation is a unique organization with a unique approach: harnessing the power of commercial real estate in support of solutions to humanity’s greatest challenges. Our core program is the Social Impact Residency, which connects nonprofits and social entrepreneurs to donated offices in coworking spaces and business centers to reduce infrastructure costs and lower the barriers to innovation in the social sector.
The program enables established organizations to spend more of their budget on program activities and early-stage projects to professionalize their operations and give them a higher chance to succeed. In addition to providing office space, All Good Work builds a network of support both within coworking spaces and between the grantees themselves. We do this by convening regular events and workshops, and working with our partners to bring more support and resources to our grantees.
About the Position: Just like All Good Work, the role of Program Director in our organization is unlike any other. It involves working closely with our coworking partners (also known as ‘hosts’) to maintain that relationship and nurture their donation of office space to our ‘resident’ organizations. It also involves collaborating with leaders in the nonprofit and social enterprise sectors to identify, recruit, interview, and place new residents. The Program Director is also responsible for creating a schedule of monthly programming, identifying additional resources or partners who may be able to provide assistance to our residents, and assisting in the promotion of the program through communications and press outreach.
The Program Director for Silicon Valley will initially be a “team of one” serving San Mateo and Santa Clara counties and reporting to the Executive Director located in New York.
About the Candidate: Ideal candidates likely come from the coworking, nonprofit or social enterprise worlds. Candidates should have experience with and love building community, have a strong desire to support social impact work and want to empower people with the resources to do amazing things. Demonstrated ability to work independently is critical, but it must be balanced with an appreciation for collaborative process and the ability to speak up when help is needed. Candidates should be comfortable with direct outreach to coworking operators, building and maintaining relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, and taking advantage of public speaking opportunities. Qualified candidates will have experience in front-line client-facing work such as donor/client relations/account management, public speaking, community organizing, marketing, and grant or program management. Familiarity with and experience in the coworking industry is helpful, but not required.
- Outreach to nonprofit and social enterprise communities to generate interest in the program
- Outreach to coworking spaces and business centers to solicit additional office space donations in coordination with the national All Good Work team
- Liaise with existing partners, residents and host operators in the area to maintain relations and resolve disputes
- Oversee daily operations and manage contact and billing platforms
- Devise and manage marketing campaigns and communications strategies
- Work with the All Good Work team to devise new strategies, partners and programs to assist residents
- Attend local or national conferences to develop partner network
- Create and manage workshop/event series for the benefit of Residents and nonprofit community at large
- Generate regular program reports
- Bachelor degree preferred; advanced degree highly applicable
- 5+ years of work experience in business or nonprofit operations, marketing, sales, or community organizing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A high degree of independence and self-motivation
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to connect well with people; warm and approachable
- Willingness to travel within the San Mateo and Santa Clara area
- Professional demeanor
- Comfortable with CRM and other online platforms
The Program Director for Silicon Valley reports to the Executive Director, based in New York City
All Good Work Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter highlighting relevant experience in leadership positions, and examples of working independently to email@example.com.
In addition to commensurate benefits, All Good Work offers flexible work location and hours, including working from one of our coworking partners in San Mateo or Santa Clara counties, or from home depending on the candidates needs and abilities.