Brief overview of our concept site:
CEG has created a high quality and unique serviced offering in one of its landmark buildings.
Alpha is an iconic Grade II listed 27 storey tower, centrally located amongst one of the largest regeneration zones in Birmingham.
The serviced office is an exceptional and unrivalled destination high up the building that enables small businesses and start-ups access to a location that would normally be accessible only to established corporates.
ORMS Architects have provided a truly individual design across two linked floors within the tower, soon to be three linked floors due to the current success and demand for the offering.
CEG’s aspirations are for an exemplary level of service provision and the role offered is to be integral to the delivery of this. The candidate is not necessarily required to have any serviced office management experience, retail/hospitality/event experience with some commercial understanding is welcomed.
Goals & Objectives
• Work with Community Manager and Assistant Community Manager to maintain standards and identify changes beneficial to the site.
• Create a warm, engaging and pro-active environment for all Alpha Works members and create a seamless and professional front of house experience for all
• Identify, manage and perform critical tasks in the following areas:
o Creation of a collaborative community environment amongst our members through events and building relationships between members
o Ensuring that building is fully operational, and processes are running smoothly
o Driving growth and promotion of Alpha Works service offerings
o Promotion of Alpha Works brand within standards via communication across all platforms including digital and social media
o Provide a professional meet and greet service welcoming guests, directing and accepting parcels, carrying out day to day admin.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Pro-actively manage ‘front of house’ to give a seamless, warm and efficient customer service to all
• Log and monitor maintenance activity and follow through to ensure timely execution of expected standard
• Preparation and management of access control for members and spaces and highlighting any potential issues before they arise
• Liaise with wider building team to arrange services for members including but not limited to: parking spaces, lockers, bike racks.
• Prepare move-in and move-out schedule by creating and implementing plan for efficient move-in and move-out
• Manage stock levels of all site literature, cleaning supplies and consumables placing orders and
• Create and maintain strong relationships with all suppliers and monitor and supervise performance of their key deliverables; highlighting, resolving and/or escalating any issues as they occur
• Create and maintain strong relationships with the wider building team to create seamless service i.e liaise heavily with GF reception, security, maintenance, Alpha Cafe
Marketing & Sales
• Research potential members and develop tailored proposals to advertise Alpha Works suitability for them
• Give customised and individual tours based on research and knowledge of potential members’ businesses and needs
• Maintenance of the in-house CRM and management software for most effective use as sales tool
• Work with the Community and Assistant Community Manager to help manage Alpha Works social media accounts promote and increase brand awareness, media and social interest and generate traffic to the Alpha works website
• Attending networking events to promote Alpha Work’s and identify and recruit potential members on occasion
• Develop relationships with current and former members to generate business and reduce member turn-over
Community Management & Events
• Seek opportunities to engage members to discover and discuss members’ objectives and assess any other needs member may have
• Identify opportunities to connect members and act on them
• Work on community initiatives designed to develop connections between members, including member introductions, curating events, and event follow-ups
• Educate and encourage members to use Alpha Works software platform, educate them to book meeting rooms, pay for services and so on to achieve self-sufficiency for each member
• Assist supervision of on-site events for compliance with H&S and ‘house rules’
• Work with the Community team to design and formulate rules, guidelines and best practices for the community
• Explain Alpha Works policies and procedures to members, including but not limited to membership agreement and billing procedures
Experience & Requirements
• Customer service experience required and sales experience a plus
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional organisational and multitasking skills
• Passion and understanding for small business, start-up and entrepreneurial communities
• Passion and understanding for Alpha Works service offer
• Proficient in basic computer skills and able to learn new systems
• Desire to attend networking and out of hours events on occasion
Brief overview of our concept site: