Cobot is looking for a Technical Support Trainee
Berlin, full-time or part-time
What you’ll be doing
- Responding to customer requests for technical support such as importing data and troubleshooting reported issues
- Communicate with fellow support and developer colleagues and contribute to the product development based on customer’s needs
- Debug code in our multiple Ruby/Rails and Ember apps, refactor code
Analyze and document issues in our live system using log files (Papertrailapp) and other tools
- Spend lots of time learning and growing your skills, both self-directed and in training-sessions or during pair-programming
- Participate in meetings, whiteboarding sessions, team lunches
- Bring your own unique skills and ideas to the team to support the users of Cobot around the world
What you bring
- (Basic) Programming experience, ideally in Ruby/Rails, our primary platform
- (Basic) Web Development experience (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Experience using Github and terminal
- Some prior understanding of databases and testing practices is a plus
- Previous experience in customer support is also welcome
- Strong problem-solving skills
- The ability to communicate efficiently in English (our team language), other languages are a plus
- Desire to grow your web development and programming skills
- Desire to work within an international and inclusive team
What you’ll learn
- Working within Ruby on Rails and Ember apps and in close collaboration with developers
- Data structures and database design
- Debugging and problem-solving strategies
- Customer-based product development, we’re a small team and value everyone’s input
- Whatever else you are curious about – ask us!
- Flexible work hours
- Option to work part-time, in combination with your studies or other commitments
- We pay for your education, i.e. conferences, books, courses, etc.
- Opportunity to contribute to Open Source projects
- Bi-annual company retreat in a nice place
- A great team of experienced developers, designers, marketing and support staff to work with and learn from
- We encourage working from other coworking spaces from time to time, and accommodate temporary remote work
If this sounds just like your interests, contact us and let’s have a chat.
Please include the following in your application:
- A few words about who you are and your experience
- A link to your CV
- A link to your work (Github, Codepen – whatever demonstrates best your skills and experience)
We’re looking forward to your application!
About working at Cobot
Cobot is a management platform for coworking spaces. Coworking spaces from New Delhi to San Francisco use us to manage their members, grow their coworking community, collect payments, book conference rooms, and more. Our customers range from small creative spaces with only a few members to huge business accelerators with thousands of people.
We’re a bootstrapped company, operating since 2006 from our coworking space co.up in Berlin Kreuzberg. We’re a team of 15 people, meaning lots of opportunity for you to learn about all aspects of building a digital product, and contribute to the success of the team in a very direct way.
Our technology stack is evolving all the time. Our backend is mostly Ruby/Rails, but we’re also dipping into Elixir. Our frontend is either server generated HTML or Ember applications.
The above is an entry-level position. We are looking for someone who wants to grow their skills as a developer and programmer with the support of an experienced and welcoming team.
Our team values working at a healthy pace and a normal working day over working long hours late into the night. We foster a culture of continuous improvement and learning. If something’s worth fixing or improving, it should be fixed or improved. We make sure to have each others back when we make mistakes, so we can learn from them.
We value diversity in all aspects of our team. We value everyone’s questions, insights and feedback.